Plant-based and Patented Anti-Aging | Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9

by - 16 July

yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review

Prevention is better than the cure. I think I've said that already once here. In terms of skincare I do try to keep it clean and healthy by using products that cater to my specific skin type and skin needs. As much as I can, I make sure that un-needed chemicals aren't present (or in small quantities) and it incorporates as much plant-based ingredients as possible if not all-together organic/vegan.




yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review-1
When the PR team of Yves Rocher contacted me if I wanted to try Yves Rocher's new Elixir 7.9 line I said fo 'sho immediately. Plant-based skincare is definitely right up my alley.

Yves Rocher - The number 1 skincare brand in France, made by a pioneering botanist (Yves Rocher) who wanted to create a new form of beauty keeping in mind the utmost respect for both women and nature. The only global cosmetics brand that controls the entire life cycle of its products : from the plant to the skin of its 30 million clients.



Now why 7.9?

The 7 comes from the seven active plant ingredients specifically selected for their anti-ageing performance wherein they found 9 concentrated active molecules in rejuvenation and decided to patent them.

This line is catered to people in their 20's for combating the first signs of aging and fatigue. So it's all about revitalization and reactivation of the skin.

There are four products in the line and the ones I received are the Youth Energy Day Care (For Normal - Combination) and the Youth Intensifying Serum, which has achieved cult status. (I do like it. I'm actually going through this bottle quite fast!)

yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review-2
Youth Energy Day Care - 40ml - Php 1,795

Formulated for normal-to-combination skin, Yves Rocher’s Youth Energy Day Care re-energizes the skin and stops signs of skin fatigue in just 7 days. Tested under dermatological supervision in one fresh paraben-, mineral oil-, colorant-free formula, reactivate youthful energy and keep skin looking rested with Youth Energy Day Care. - Yves Rocher

yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review-3
Housed in a well-made plastic tub.

Ok so this. I'm not sure it's the right one for me. I do like this thin, light and creamy-gel hybrid. But I've been using this way past the "7 day" mark and I really see no difference. It might not be suited for my specific skin needs but I haven't experienced burning etc, but my skin did adjust in a way to this cream. I had little small bumps on my cheeks. Not red or pus-filled just raised skin.

Currently using this on and off for the past few months. Something's breaking me out and I feel like it's this so I've stopped using this. It's catered to combination - oily skin anyway so it's not really for me :/

Note : Both of these have a scent to them. Not the sweet perfumey type, more of fresh and woods-ey.

yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review-4
Elixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier - 30 ml - Php 1,895

Boost the effectiveness of your anti-ageing skin care regiment with Yves Rocher’s Elixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier. One single drop used three times a day under your usual day or night cream protects skin and refines its texture. This paraben-free formula, tested under dermatological supervision is suitable for all skin types. - Yves Rocher

yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review-5
Tinted glass bottle with glass pipette

I could bathe in this. It's a lightweight milky liquid which I personally feel helps my skin. It's a little tacky even when it dries but I feel better whenever I use this. I like the dropper. I like that it's paraben-free, colorant-free, mineral oil-free and made for all skin types. Thankfully this didn't break me out. For a while I stopped using the day cream and have been using just this and my skin went back to its original state. I also mix this in with my bases just for a little added boost.

yves-rocher-philippines-elixir-7-9-review-6
What do you think of the whole brand? Which one would you like to try? If you have sensitivity issues like me, I suggest you go for the serum instead just so it's more "concentrated" in a way.

I personally like their whole sustainable model. From Harvester, Manufacturer and Distributor they want to lessen their impact on the environment. They create their products with extensive research starting from the plants (protecting their resources) to the eco-friendly packaging to shelves of customers. I think all of that's very commendable. Plus it's made in France y'all.


FREE! Skincare Trial for 7 Days - Try it out for yourself. See full mechanics on their Facebook page.



xx,
CJ



Disclaimer : Products were sent over for consideration.

http://www.yvesrocherusa.com
https://www.facebook.com/YvesRocherPhilippines/

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Feel free to leave your thoughts or URLS to your page!