Clip-in Hair Extension Review : Irresistible Me

by - 18 January

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_1

Wearing someone else's hair can be off putting to some, but it's essential if you want hair extensions that are as real-looking (and feeling) as possible. My sister cringes everytime she sees the extensions and tries to scare me by exclaiming that it used to be someone's hair. That never swayed me from enjoying them though.

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_2

I've had my short hair for over two years now and while I don't miss the weight and the unnecessary heat my super long hair brought, I do miss all the different looks I could come up with it. Madison from Irresistible Me must've sensed my slight distress (she's part psychic) and asked if I wanted to try their clip-in hair extensions.

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_3
I chose Silky Natural Black in 24 inches, 200g ($219) from their Silky Touch Line because according to their site, it's the easiest to use by beginners and looks most natural.

Silky Touch is our best-selling line. These 100% Remy human hair extensions are fantastic quality for a friendly price and can be very easily washed, heat styled, cut and colored to blend in your hair perfectly. The thickness of the hair decreases slightly towards the ends just like normal hair does which will provide a completely natural look while wearing them.

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_4
irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_5

WHAT'S INSIDE

  • 100% Indian Remy human hair extensions
  • 200 g sets (10 pieces)
    • 1 pc of 4 clips (7.5") very thick!
    • 2 pcs of 3 clips (6") only received 1 piece in the box.
    • 5 pcs of 2 clips (4")
    • 2 pcs of 1 clip (1.2")

WHAT WORKED FOR ME

As I've mentioned I've never tried clip-in extensions or hair extensions period. So it was a challenge for me to put them on. I tried placing it every which way on my head and for the life of me, I could not get it to blend in.

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_6

My short hair kept peeking through despite the numerous tutorials I've tried. It's possible that I need more pieces for it to blend in better OR I need to give the extensions a trim so the layers would be more evened-out so it can cascade naturally. Curling it was a big help. Here are the tutorials that helped me tremendously.



The second video's result is what I achieved.

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_7
My braids look a little dead because the hairspray I used wasn't very good. Any suggestions?

My head did feel heavy, I mean what do you expect? I did put 200g on it. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. If you have sensitive scalp and brittle hair I wouldn't recommend clip-in extensions, as they might weigh your hair down and make it more prone to breakage.


CONCLUSION

For people who want more volume and/or length Irresistible Me has a wide range of hair colours with varying lengths and weight. The length might be a little longer than what's advertised. I think the measurement doesn't start until after the clips. Which isn't a bad thing at all (more hair for you!)

Customer service is top-notch as well. Just email them for help about proper care or application etc and they're right on it. (Had a bit of trouble with the postal office and they kindly helped me with it!)

irresistable_me_clip-in_hair_extension_review_short_hair_smooth_8

As for quality, I've washed it, coloured it, put styling products and used heat tools. They seem to be taking the damage well. They're great quality but I have to remind you to take extra care of any kind of hair extensions especially those made from real hair. Shampoo, treat and brush it very carefully so it lasts longer.

They're very natural-looking and when you get the hang of it and know what works best for you, it's such a fun way to change up your look from time to time. Your friends' and families' faces when they see you is a treat as well. I might just grow my hair out more or take the plunge and have it shaped at the salon. Either way I'll be keeping them and I'll wear the heck out of them until I decide to change my hair colour again. :)

Have you tried hair extensions? What do you think about them?


xx,
CJ

PS. Good hairspray. Non-aerosol please!
PPS. The postal office taxed me when it was a gift!
PPPS. You can tease the roots first if your hair is super smooth. I only did it once because couldn't handle the tangles after I took out the extensions.

Irresistable Me Website  |  YouTube  |  Facebook  |  Instagram  |  Twitter  |  Pinterest

You May Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Tried to go to thier website but there's no option to ship in the PH. :(
    Any idea where can I get it here in the PH?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts or URLS to your page!