Review : The Body Shop Colour Glide in Clover Pink (06)

by - 09 October

The body shop colour glide lipstick review 1

I have a penchant for neutrals. To be more specific neutral lipsticks. Sure there are lip stains, tints, cremes and glosses but if I want something neutral it has to be a lipstick.

I decided to "borrow" and test my mom's The Body Shop lipstick in Clover Pink 06 after seeing it on her one day and asking her about it. The first time I tried it though I was immediately put off by the strong smell coming from the tube. The scent also lingered on my lips and tasted the way it smelled — waxy.

The body shop colour glide lipstick review in clover pink 2

The body shop colour glide lipstick in clover pink swatch

But the color was gorgeous. It was a very wearable peachy mid brown color and very opaque [reminded me a little of Uber Beige from Bobbi Brown]. Knowing my scaly lips I thought it would make it more visible when I tried it sans a balm but the dryness wasn't obvious at all. Not only that I think it even quenched my parched lips a little. [I imagine the lighter colors in this line would be harder to pull off without prepping the lips.]

I wouldn't say outright that this was very moisturizing but it didn't dry out my lips and it was very comfortable to wear throughout the day.

It's a little draggy but the finish, wearability and color are tops for me. The only con I can think of is the smell. I just cannot get over it. I'd recommend for you guys to try it out at their stores but I think they're phasing this out because I can't find them anymore on the PH website. But I did find it at their main site.



xx,
CJ


PS. I love The Body Shops' values. They include defending human rights, setting proper working conditions and reducing CO2 emissions apart from being cruelty free!

PPS. Have you tried this line? What do you think of the smell? I might just be really sensitive to these things especially since it's on my mouth but what about you?


Ingredients:

Lanolin Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Acetylated Lanolin (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Microcristallina (Stabiliser/Emollient), Mica (Opacifier), Lanolin Cera (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Lanolin (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate (Bulking Agent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Stearalkonium Hectorite (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Rosa Moschata Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (Emollient), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (Emollient), Silica (Absorbent), Propylene Carbonate (Solvent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract (Natural Extract), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Tin Oxide (Opacifier), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Antioxidant). [+/- CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour), CI 15850 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour), CI 15985 (Colour), CI 45410 (Colour), CI 73360 (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour), CI 17200 (Colour)].


Website : http://www.thebodyshop.com.ph/http://www.thebodyshop.com/

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Feel free to leave your thoughts or URLS to your page!