Did anyone forget about these long-wearing lippies? | Mask-proof lip products

by - 07 August




Well, mostly mask-proof. There will be a minuscule bit of transfer because hey, you eat and drink but compared to the glosses and soft-cloudy lippie textures that are the norm now, these are truly great without sucking the life out of your lips at the same time delivering great pigment.



Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink

One of the first few (second iteration) matte liquid lipsticks the beauty community had that stays all day even after eating and drinking without leaving your lips dry as the Sahara. When I say it stays all day- makeup wipes and cleansing/micellar waters can't remove this. The only way I've found to completely remove this was using lip balms or oil-based removers.

While I do find that it tends to transfer when I apply more than one coat on the lips or when I don't let it dry, it fares well throughout the day and night. 


Tip : Only one coat and let it dry first!


I confidently go on about my day without me worrying if I smeared it all over my face after removing my mask (which has happened in the beginning of the Pandemic with other lip products). While it's not 'heavy on the lips' I wouldn't call this lightweight or like I'm wearing nothing at all. I do find that applying it like a tint and spreading with my fingers makes this lightweight though- still pigmented albeit muted.


Breakdown :

  • Affordable 349 (sale price around 199-249)
  • Smells like sweet vanilla cake (not cloying)
  • Non-drying
  • Dry/chapped lips? Use lip balm first, wipe off then apply a thin coat of this.
  • Pigmented and long lasting
  • Not cruelty-free


Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte

Feather-like, smooth and extremely comfortable this liquidy matte finish lipstick still packs pigment however it does transfer even after letting it dry and blotting. So re-application after eating and/or drinking might be in the itinerary. The formula is quite similar to the Colourette matte tints with the whole oil mixed with pigment idea so be careful when handling this. Don't open/apply this upside-down because it will leak. 


This tends to emphasize dry lips so my crusty and peeling lips need a thorough moisturisation if I want to use this. Even when it does transfer, the texture and comfortability has won me over. Masks be damned.


Breakdown :

  • Affordable 249 (sale price around 149-199)
  • Smells sweet 
  • Matte finish and may emphasize dry lips
  • Pigmented
  • Last long on the lips but not exactly transfer-proof
  • Not cruelty-free



L'Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Lip Tint

This thing STAINS YOUR LIPS until the next day. The texture is a creamy gel-like lip tint which makes it feel like you have nothing on your lips. This is my most reached for out of the all them in this post. I can apply a sheer tint but also full-on. I'm very tempted to get the rosier and nude colours because I enjoyed my experience with this. Unless I have a lipbalm under my lips that I didn't wipe off prior to application, this barely transfers on the mask.

It's easier to remove, micellar water and oil based cleansers work BUT it still leaves a stain. Like I said, long-lasting.


Breakdown :

  • Affordable 349 (sale price around 249-299)
  • Smells a little like a sharpie haha but not overwhelmingly so
  • Matte finish 
  • Pigmented and extremely long-lasting
  • Comfortable and barely-there feeling
  • Not cruelty-free
  • The stain's lasting power may just be because this is a very vibrant colour- the nudes I'm not sure about


Some might think why wear lip products if you wear a mask all the time? Why not? It's for us anyway right? It's still the end of the world so let people enjoy things Stacy!!!

What are your mask-proof lippies? Do you still wear lipsticks despite the mask and/or transfer?


XX,

CJ


You May Also Like

0 Comments

Feel free to leave your thoughts or URLS to your page!